Monday, January 20, 2014

I'm donating a manuscript critique

 
Do you need a sharp read of your novel-in-progress? Or your pitch letter? I’m donating a critique of both through Worldbuilders, Pat Rothfuss’ cool project whereby genre-lovers of all sorts raise cash for the anti-hunger organization Heifer International. 

Heifer's been around since 1944, and is dedicated to fighting poverty household by household through carefully conceived livestock donations and other projects. The organization operates with  a "pay-it-forward" ethos, encouraging recipients to donate the firstborn offspring of their animals to other families in need. You can read more about Heifer here or on wikipedia.

There are a few caveats: I'm only proposing to review the first 25,000 words, and only from the beginning (ever tried to critique the middle of a novel?). But I have a lot of experience as a critic and editor--and I pride myself on remembering to read like a smart, articulate, joy-driven reader, not an abstracted professional.

Lots of great writers are participating. And since I was a few days late to the party, prices on yours truly are still LOW LOW LOW. Bidding ends Jan 29.

For details, head on over to the bidding page on ebay. 


2 comments:

Regan said...

Robert, how does one get in contact with you?

Regan Walker

Robert said...

Regan--very sorry to have overlooked your message for so long. You can write to me at robertvsredick@gmail.com. There's also an email link on my home page, robertvsredick.com. Drop me a line any time. Best wishes, RR